Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Flat roof and curtain wall how to?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,

I am creating building in ArchiCAD12.

ROOF: my questions are the following:
- how can I design a roof which is flat? It has to have a 1% decline but only in some parts of the composite structure (thermal insulation is inside, then concrete then a 1% decline in a further concrete structure, then again flat gravel?)
- how can I design walls that connect to the concrete (i.e. "cutting through insulation)?

CURTAIN WALL: my questions are the following:
- how can i design a curtain wall with a "module"? I have a length which I divided in 15 elements (single curtain wall element) another one divided in 5 (single curtain wall): how can i "merge" the two in the corner so that I have one curtain wall?

Furthermore:
- how can i design the roof and floor to have insulation only in the internal part?
- What I mean is that the roof partly covers the structure and partly not. I would like to have the insulation and some other elements only when the roof covers an "internal" area and not outside.
Also: the roof shold be "finished" and not like "laser cut" on the sides...

note on the image:
the "walls" you see on top of the floor should cut through the gravel and connect to the main concrete, because my structure depends on them...
1 REPLY 1
Erika Epstein
Booster
Matteo wrote:
CURTAIN WALL: my questions are the following:
- how can i design a curtain wall with a "module"? I have a length which I divided in 15 elements (single curtain wall element) another one divided in 5 (single curtain wall): how can i "merge" the two in the corner so that I have one curtain wall?

1. create favorites for each SCHEME (vertical and horizontal repeat).

2. In plan, with line tool draw the 2 or more sides of the curtain wall.
3. Magic-wand the curtain wall onto the line(s) to create the CW.
4. In the EDIT window for the CW, apply the favorites to the lengths of CW . The corner where they meet will then be correct.

Think of the CW components(scheme, frame, panel etc) as subsets. You can have numerous favorites of each component.
You can have numerous CW favorites that are different combinations of these subsets.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"