Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite wall materials not working right.

Arcadia
Booster
For some reason my composite profile walls are taking on the properties of the side material. In other words the left and right materials are being overridden by the side material. I want to have a white finish on the inside and brick on the outside. I don't recall ever having this problem before and can't figure out why it would be the case. Any idea's? What am I doing wrong?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using a composite fill or a complex profile? I'm not sure from your description.

A wall with a composite fill should behave as normal - all the materials are controlled in the walls settings dialog box.

The face materials for a complex profile wall are controlled entirely in the complex profile manager by selecting each face and assigning a material. Only the side material is set in the wall settings.

Post a screen shot of the wall settings, and what it looks like in 3d if you are still having problems.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Coud you have you structure display wrong?
Arcadia
Booster
No as my post says it is composite walls (and in fact non-composite regular fill walls).

I changed the partial structure display option to entire structure display and this fixed the problem. I was using without finishes option as my complex walls have linings that I only show in section views. However this is puzzling as all the layers in the composite walls are set as core only and there are no finishes layers so why doesn't it show correctly in core only display? I am only changing the color of the face not turning off or on a lining.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11