BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Microsoft Intellimouse wheel problem...

ICEdevil
Newcomer
I have this problem using the wheel button in archicad...

with my previous logitech mx300 mouse pressing the wheel would instantly activate the "pan" feature...

with the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 it appears a lag of about one second between the wheel pressing and the activation of the "pan" feature...it is very annoying as i am used to working very fast...

please help...
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2 GB DDR, Nvidia geforce 6600GT, Win XP SP2
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
ICEdevil wrote:
Adon wrote:
its not a software issue, it is the new scroll wheel hardware "technology" that is being used in the newer mouses.

you need a simpler mouse...

would you, by any chance, know if the logitech mx revolution has the same problems?
LOL i also own that mouse and that is even worse, because it has NO SCROLL CLICK

lol any others you like?
Rick Newton
Newcomer
Thanks. That's good to know. I only used that mouse foe one day. It's now on sale on Craig's List. I have used a Logitec Mouse for many years.
Rick Newton, Architect, ArchiCAD 17, 27" iMac:•3.4GHz Core i7 •32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB •3TB Fusion Drive •NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just migrated to an Intel Mac in our office from my G5 and now my microsoft optical trackball that runs off intellimouse won't pan either. Arghhh!

Time to go shopping, I guess...
Rick Newton
Newcomer
Stick to Logitech. Good luck.
Rick Newton, Architect, ArchiCAD 17, 27" iMac:•3.4GHz Core i7 •32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB •3TB Fusion Drive •NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
Eduardo Rolon
For the mac you can try Steermouse

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

AFAIK it will recognize trackballs also.

PS, do not use Logitech's drivers on Mac OS X they cause to many headaches.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!