Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Composite Hot Spots?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know if it is possible to change where the hotspot is for a composite wall? It defaults to the outside corner of the rainscreen, but I want it on the corner of the framing instead... Thanks for your time,

Amy
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If I understand you correctly, I think you need to handle this in the wall itself, not the composite settings. Adjust the Reference Line Offset in the top right hand corner of the wall dialog.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or adjust what elements you define as the "Core" of the composite. You can snap to core elements (I think).
Karl Ottenstein
And, if you set the core properly, you can use the Modify Wall menu commands to set the reference line to the core face without having to do the math of adding up the thickness of the non-core skins for the offset. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Chazz
Enthusiast
Karl wrote:
And, if you set the core properly, you can use the Modify Wall menu commands to set the reference line to the core face without having to do the math of adding up the thickness of the non-core skins for the offset. 😉
New one for me. Thanks Karl!
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys!