BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help needed with importing into archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, I am in need of help if at all possible, I am doing my final project in my last year of uni, i have made a model in sketchup and i am looking to import it into archicad i have been trying all day now, i have downloaded a plugin for archicad to import sketchup but i don,t know what to do next, I am running sketchup 6 or 7 and trying to import it to either archicad 11 or 12, also i am using windows xp, but i also have vista if that helps,
please help,

Many thanks
Lee
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
ahhh same! It is stressing me out lol. What does yours say when you try to do it? Mine says something about missing zone stamps or something along those lines?
Eduardo Rolon
1) export from SU as autocad 3D.
Open in Archicad as a Library part. Under File - Library

2) export from SU as 3DS
after downloading the 3DSin add-on from the goodies page (help -> goodies)
use it to import the 3DS

3) download the SU import add-on (only work in windows) and use it to import the SU file

4) do a search in the forums for SketchUp import and you will get a lot of threads with different answers and procedures.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I have downloaded the sketchup add on but that is what isn't working... it says missing zone stamps or something strange when i try to import. Where is the sketchup add on forum??
Eduardo Rolon
answered partially on your other post

some search results

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/search.php?search_id=1145345381&start=10
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've beenr eading through the posts...
so i'm using sketchup version 7... do you have to use 6 or less? I think that's what I gathered from the posts so far...
I have sketchup pro aswell... so should i try and save it as a 3ds file to export? and How do i import 3ds files into archicad?
Thankyou so much for your help!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you please help me find the 3ds add on? I can't seem to find it anywhere. thanks!
Eduardo Rolon
you should save as SU 6 AFAIK 7 was released after the add-on.

To import 3DS read number 2 on my previous post above.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
yea i can't find the goodies page anywhere?
Anonymous
Not applicable
can you please help me find it... i've downloaded something but for some reason i think it may have downloaded in spanish... i can't actually read the intrsuctions in archicad (but from what i'm doing it still isn't working -_- ) thanks again
Learn and get certified!