BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

drawing walls problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, the problem is that I want to draw walls, but instead (i must have pressed something) a magic wand appears and it decides where the walls should go! I tried to get rid of it, but it doesn't seem to work!
Can you please tell me what I need to press so i can draw my walls!
Thank you very much
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you resting your hands on the space bar?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, but now that you're saying this i think i know what's wrong! (my keyboard has a little problem)
Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this happen to me for the first time a couple of days ago as well. I had AC11 and 12 open at the same time, and they both started misbehaving exactly as you say!

I even closed both and then restarted 11 but it was still occurring, but then for some reason it suddenly cleared itself!

I guess a restart of the computer may have cleared it if I had been desperate. Have you tried that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mamima wrote:
No, but now that you're saying this i think i know what's wrong! (my keyboard has a little problem)
Thank you
I came into our office the other day and one of my colleagues was in a bit of a state. "Our server is making a funny buzzing noise. What's the problem? Is it terminal?"

I removed the stapler that had fallen on the Enter key and the noise stopped.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
s2art wrote:
Mamima wrote:
Thank you
I came into our office the other day and one of my colleagues was in a bit of a state. "Our server is making a funny buzzing noise. What's the problem? Is it terminal?"

I removed the stapler that had fallen on the Enter key and the noise stopped.
One of my friends called me a couple of months ago saying that his pc does not start anymore.
Checked all cables, checked if any card has slipped out of its socket - no problem.
Then it turned out his ENTER key got stuck down although nothing was on it - it just plain stuck.
He loosened it and the problem was solved.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!