Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ArchiCAD Layer Turning Off

Anonymous
Not applicable
It has been my understanding over the last 12 years that it was impossible to turn the ArchiCAD layer off. But as off last Thursday my ArchiCAD layer has decided to take some time off!!!!

Its a stubborn bastard too, won't let me turn it back on!!!

Has anyone ever seen their ArchiCAD layer turned off?

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas as to why this happening?

Mike

Picture 5.png
6 REPLIES 6
Rod Jurich
Contributor
fuzzymike2002 wrote:
/....
Has anyone ever seen their ArchiCAD layer turned off?
Anyone have any suggestions/ideas as to why this happening?
Rarely Mike, and my workaround was to quit and restart.
But a pain when it does occur
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Rod, nice to hear it's not just us having this problem.

We did try the restart option but it keeps coming back when ever it feels like it.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike

We had this occur to a file here a while back and it turned out the file was actually corrupted!
I ended up getting in touch with GS Aus and they repaired the file for us!
rocorona
Booster
Beside all the rest, I think it is always a good rule do NOT use the ArchiCAD layer. I think it is there only for tools that miss the target layer, so they can be used. Something like the "MISSING" attribute, when a fill or a linetype is deleted.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
rocorona wrote:
I think it is always a good rule do NOT use the ArchiCAD layer.
Except for layout elements (drawings, borders, text), which should always be shown.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with the previous posts: there should be NOTHING on the ArchiCAD layer, except items on your layouts.

The only time I rely on it is when I am copying items from one file to another, and I don't won't the layers copied into the 'new' file, bring them in to the ArchiCAD layer and work on them form there, is assign required layers etc.

I'll keep an eye on the file and if keeps giving me grief will ask GS to have a look at it.

Mike