Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering a 3d Document

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry if this is a stupid question, i have done searches but could not find anything

what i am wondering is if there is a way to render a 3d document?

basically my problem is that for my studio assignments i really want to do a 3d marquee and make a really nice rendered perspective section through a building or what-not, but when i render it makes every cut surface the same colour without any fills. now i can get fills when i turn it into a 3d document, but it always has that "internal engine" look, which is ok, but im after something a bit more polished

thanks in advance for your time
7 REPLIES 7
Thomas Holm
Booster
Sorry, but I think the searches you did are not enough. There is plenty of info about this subject on this site, in Archicad's Help files and delivered documentation, and in various on- line tutorials. You will just have to do a little more work yourself!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Dwight
Newcomer
Post an example
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i know how to activate cut fills in the 3d document window, however i cannot get them to work in the standard 3d window to save my life! so at the moment i am stuck with using the relatively bland 3d document capture for my presentation
Karl Ottenstein
You can pretty much get what you want by generating two images that you overlay in a photo editor.

Given the saved viewpoint for the 3DD, generate the desired photorendering. In your photo editor, overlay on top of that a 3DD line and fill only view to get both the annotation as well as the desired cut fills by setting a blending mode and opacity that you find satisfying.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
I wasn't sure two views were necessary.
But that is my method - why not just paste the oblique view behind the section cut?? In Archicad??
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your quick replies guys!
Michael
Contributor
I do not think this is a stupid question! I have struggled with the same issue for the last hour or so, and, this is very helpful although I didn't like the answer I received

My only hope is that the post is four years plus old may have changed with four ArchiCAD updates and releases. So if anyone has seen updated solutions to colorizing/rendering a 3-D document please post here, in this thread.

thank you kindly
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10