Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Align Drawings In PM3.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone has easy solution how to align drawings between pages in plot maker what i am trying to say is: i have three storey building and there will be one page per floor know every time i import one floor plan it does not mach to already imported. So I can place two pages behind each other and see that wall are in line with each other. Something like ghost storey.

Please Help And Thank you in advance.

Cao
4 REPLIES 4
Place an alignment hotspot on each of the floors in the ArchiCAD model. You can use the Hotspots in Plotmaker to align the plans.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Barry Kelly
Aaron wrote:
Place an alignment hotspot on each of the floors in the ArchiCAD model. You can use the Hotspots in Plotmaker to align the plans.
Do as Aaron suggested.

But I think you want to align drawings on on separate layouts?
If so you can then place all the drawings in one layout and align with the hotspot Aaron suggested.
Then select each drawing and cut and paste to the required layout (or simply drag the drawing in the navigator from one layout to another).

Another method would be to add a hotspot into the master for these layouts and then you can align the drawings to that.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use your master layouts in PM, add a hotspot here and then you can align your AC hotspot with the PM one and all your layouts will now align.
Anonymous
Not applicable
the technique I use, which works well for me is to set up hotspot in AC. one set to define the view which I want to show in PM, and another set which shows the size of the entire sheet of paper. I am already thinking about how my sheet will look before I get into PM. Then when I import the first time I use the second set of hotspots to snap to the corners of the paper, then adjust the frame to the first set of hotspots, so I only show the desired area. It works well in that 1) it helps me make sure my notes, dimensions, etc. stay within the PM frame so they don't get cut off when I plot, 2) I don't need to readjust things after import to make room for notes, legends..... because I can already see if I have room in AC.