Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing Gridlines

Seiss Wagner
Participant
I made a dumb mistake and upgraded ArchiCad 9 to build 2018 last week. Today I opened Plotmaker to print my project, due tomorrow, and all the plan sheets appear correctly, but when plotted, are covered by the display of grid lines. The plotter is an HP DesignJet 600 running through an HP JetDirect. Yes, "hide all gridlines that insect with drawing" is selected. These same files printed fine before the "Hot Fix"!! Other job files that plotted correctly before are now also plotting the grid matrix.

Is anyone else having this problem, does anyone have an idea what the problem might be, does anyone know how to fix it? Is there a way to get the last version of Plotmaker back, will it run with 2018?

Printing works correctly, its only the plot files that are showing the background grids.
ArchiCad 21 / OS X 10.13.5 /
iMac 3.2GHz i5 - 32GB /AMD Radeon R9 M390 - 2048 MB/
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed some drawings in our office the other day that had the gridlines flowing through the drawings, but I assumed someone had just made a mistake and had the gridlines turned on. I will see if this is a problem in our office tomorrow.
Seiss Wagner
Participant
MILLARD -

Thanks for your reply, please let me know what you find out. I called ArchiCad support this morning, but of couse, my problems are not their problems, meaning they have not called back today.

I went to the orginal install disk and custom installed only PlotMaker. Thank goodness, all is now plotting as it should, no grid lines over the placed drawings. However, I am not sure of the long term consequnces of using PlotMaker 1812, with ArchiCad 2018 files.

One of the reasons I hate upgrades is the they seem to cause as many problems as they fix. For example, Tiger, which I have avoided loading with ArchiCad untile I finish my current work. When I loaded the "Hot Fix" 2018 I foolishly did not consider that Graphisoft can't be depended on to fully test it's fixes.

That appears to be our job. Now I will have to wait three months for the next fixed version of PlotMaker and hope they have fixed the fix, that broke what didn't needed to be fixed.
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Seiss,

I am sad to confirm this bug. Thanks for reporting it.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
I have it too. Really ugly.

Unfortunately I can't envision going back to the previous 9.0.0.0.0.0.0.0v1 since I can't tolerate the disappearing labels in section/elevation.

I guess I will try downdating PM, though it makes me nervous too. I would like to hear some expert opinion on this practice.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Seiss Wagner
Participant
GKMETHY -

Thanks for taking notice, I am impressed. However, until the bug can be repaired, what is Graphisofts advice on, "Down-dating" PlotMaker while continuing to use "HotFix" AC 2018. I am presently down-dated to PM 1812, would it be better to update to PM 1965?

I should point out to others who might be looking for a fix, that I have not disturb the integrity of PM 2018, that file is still nested in my AC9-2018 applications folder. Instead, I have created a new folder containing only PM 1812 and its associated files. This folder, although it is completely independent, is using the same preference and cache files as established by the original installation of AC9. So far, all seems to be running smoothly.
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Since there are some fixes in PlotMaker 2018 that you might need, I suggest to use the 'old' PlotMaker only for plotting. Do all other work in 2018.

Rename the existing ArchiCAD folder to 'ArchiCAD 9 - 2018' then install the original copy of ArchiCAD into a folder named 'ArchiCAD 9 - 1812'
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Seiss Wagner
Participant
GERGELY -

Thanks, I am basically following your advice. I labeled my 1812 PlotMaker "PlotMaker-Old" and am using it only for plotting, while I continue to do all my layout work in the 2018 version of PlotMaker.
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
It appears this issue remains in the 2045 update.

James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
It appears this issue remains in the 2045 update.