BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 9.0 Teamwork - Working Offline

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all

I have a Teamwork problem that I cannot figure out.

I am working over the internet on a PLP Teamwork file. I am continually signed in to the PLP file. I lost internet service for the day, but needed to continue working. I nonchalantly opened the draft file on my desktop and, ignoring the warning that I might not be able to send changes (figuring worst case I copy and paste the work from the draft to the PLP), and began to work.

Progress was swift, and by the end of the day, I had completed my allotted tasks. I saved my work to the draft file on my desktop frequently.

My internet service returned that evening, and it was time to send my work back to home base. Before I sent and received, I got a warning that involved overwriting a more recent ID # draft. I ignored it, figuring that my changes would just be written over to the PLP file as usual. Oh was I wrong. The send & receive process took a little longer than usual, and instead of me writing to the PLP, the PLP file overwrote my draft!!!!! Not only that, but my draft backup copy either was also overwritten, or had never been saved to.

What happned? I know i did something wrong (working offline), maybe many things. I would love to know what happened so I do not repeat my errors

Thanks
John Ottinger
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
From your description, I didn't see anything that you did wrong. Perhaps some of the other more knowledgeable architalkers can provide more insight.
Learn and get certified!