Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you make this roof?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you make this roof? Please see pictures.
Any suggestions welcomed.
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
another photo
TomWaltz
Participant
It seems like a pretty simple hip roof with a couple dormers. What is difficult about it?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have only done flat roofs so far. I am not sure how to create the dormers and how to create the cut off in the second picture.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely this is the wrong forum. I would have thought that this was SO basic that the topic ought to be in the 'Installation / New User' forum.
David Collins
Advocate
Come on, people. Be nice.

Here's an article from ArchiGuide on Line on creating dormers. Lots of other useful information in these archives, as well.

http://www.graphisoft.com/archiguide_archive/ArchiGuide_Online_6o/issue15/dormerexp.html
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Dwight
Newcomer
after you've created your hip roof with the automatic hip roof method, SPLIT the roof to form a gable end.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight!

Oh, and Mike S "Mr. Wrong Forum", I thought making a roof falls under " Working in Archicad". Let me apologize to you. It was my fault. And I am also sorry about the "stupid and simple" question you Archicad god.

Instead of given me a hint on how to do it you have the time to write some arsey comment. I think you are a w****r, and since you are so smart and from the UK you will probably know what that means. Regards!
Dwight
Newcomer
Hey! That's the wrong forum for that stuff. You should post a new topic. "D******s."
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Profanity crossword. I like it.