Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import MS Word text into ArchiCAD

capearch
Participant
I simply cannot get text to come into ArchiCAD properly from MS Word. Is their a secret knowledge? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
capearch wrote:
I simply cannot get text to come into ArchiCAD properly from MS Word. Is their a secret knowledge? Thanks
How do you do it now?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
capearch
Participant
Hi...thanks for responding. I have been saving the text in MS Word and then pasting into ArchiCAD as drawing elements because RTF loses all its formatting. Sometimes one line comes in, sometimes one page, but never the whole document. The document is set up with 4 columns and I thought that might be the problem, but when I made it one column I still had the same problems.

I am now saving out of MS Word as PDF and bringing into ArchiCAD as a figure and that seems to work, but is a long way around. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jeff
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There are some ArchiGuide articles related to this. Please read them so they may give you some hints.

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/olefromword.html

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/notesonole.html
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Djordje
Ace
capearch wrote:
Hi...thanks for responding. I have been saving the text in MS Word and then pasting into ArchiCAD as drawing elements because RTF loses all its formatting.
As you are not mentioning OLE, I suppose you are on the Mac?

Go through the links Laszlo posted, and then let's talk more if it does not work.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can an Adobe Pagemaker file be inserted directly into an Archicad file?
What about a Plotmaker file?