Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

tapered slab edges

Hobbesnb
Booster
Is there a way to taper the thickness of a slab at it's edges without resorting to solid element operations or archiforma?
Scott Graham, AIA LEED BD+C

Principal | BIM Manager

Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Wyomissing, PA 19610

V6.5-26.0
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
Not that I am aware of
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott ,
Slab edges cannot be chamfered except with SEO, but
roofs with zero pitch can masquerade as slabs and
their edges can be chamfered via the pet pallet edge angle item.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott ,
Slab edges cannot be chamfered except with SEO, but
roofs with zero pitch can masquerade as slabs and
their edges can be chamfered via the pet pallet edge angle item.
Peter Devlin

Then why is there the need for all these special elements, walls slabs roofs when they could do diddle for us beside the basics of cheep software.

Archicad must be reinvented to give us the freedom in space, as it stands is a yoke..... and please don's sent me to Revit it is about Archicad.
Sam Wheatley
Contributor
You can alter slab edges with an addition from Cadimage called Accessories Pack, it has a foundation tool that allows the edge to have any profile you desire
ArchiCad 26 US

IMac Pro

iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 16 GB

NIVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
TomWaltz
Participant
Sam wrote:
You can alter slab edges with an addition from Cadimage called Accessories Pack, it has a foundation tool that allows the edge to have any profile you desire
That's not really true. The CADImage tool lets you add a foundation underneath the slab that you draw, but it cannot alter the actual edge of the slab. You could not chamfer off the top corner of the slab or add a slot into it.

Even their precast concrete is added under the slab you drew, assuming that your slab is the concrete topping and that the precast members are added beneath it (!?).
Tom Waltz
Aussie John
Newcomer
as Peter says combine a 0º roof under a slab and control the edge slope of the "roof" Not ideal but it does work
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]