Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

boxing on residential roofs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to put boxing on a residential roof such as on a gable for a home?
20 REPLIES 20
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks Frédéric, but I'm in no hurry. Lets see if the 3DSmile site gets it's act together.

Thomas
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanx guys i appreciate the ideas. my boss is contimplating the $100.00 download from objects online.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's definitely an Italian web site (3D Smile), even the ".it" extension tells us that I'm willing to bust out an italian-english dictionary for some of those API's.. I haven't been able to register either, if someone can contact me (via PM) about getting a hold of those add-ons, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

+pablo

ps: my spanish helps me read the italian!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used eavemaker and it works fine but you have to deal with getting the textures consistent with the Archicad roofs and manage the transition which is a line on the elevations.. I did this with profiler and Archicad roofs alone.. The rakes are smartparts..
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Thomas Holm" wrote:
Thanks Frédéric, but I'm in no hurry. Lets see if the 3DSmile site gets it's act together.

Thomas,

After reading your post I went to the 3DSmile site and registered very easily. ??
And I don't understand any Italian except Sophia Loren.
Djordje
Ace
Wally wrote:
And I don't understand any Italian except Sophia Loren.
Not even Monica Belucci? 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wally wrote:
After reading your post I went to the 3DSmile site and registered very easily. ??

Hello Wally

Did you receive the confirmation mail ?
Are you able to download something from this site ?

I am very interesting by your answer…

I make several try recently to create a new account —just for try, I have already one…— and none works.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Frédéric,

I just downloaded this object from the 3DSmile site. I couldn't tell if I was voting or downloading on the Archicad list so I found a pallet of what seemed to be obvious downloads and picked one. It turned out to be a .gsm when I unzipped it.

I have not received a confirmation e-mail from them but when I go to the site I'm greeted by nickname and it appears as if there is the usual message box, espresso,etc, there for me.

And, Djordje, I'm sure that this Ms. Belucci is all you say she is but at my age a fella can only keep up with one hot Italian girlfriend, eh.
Japanese Vase.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rashid wrote:
I have used eavemaker and it works fine but you have to deal with getting the textures consistent with the Archicad roofs and manage the transition which is a line on the elevations.. I did this with profiler and Archicad roofs alone.. The rakes are smartparts..
i cannot get the eave designer 1.0 to work the way i want it to. is there an instruction manual other than the pdf that came with it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No there isn't.. contact the author?