Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

swithhing views in plot maker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a method for switching an existing view imported in plotmaker to a different plan in Achicad?

For instance, I have a plan (xxschem 1 first floor) that was imported to plotmaker and would like to switch the view to (xxscheme 2 first floor) The scheme files are separate archicad plans.

Thanks,

Mark Hendricks
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Ace
Mark wrote:
Is there a method for switching an existing view imported in plotmaker to a different plan in Achicad?
In Drawing usage, highlight the existing one, choose Link to button, show the different plan that you want instead of the one you have.

Done.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks you sir...

Mark Hendricks
Djordje
Ace
Mark wrote:
Thanks you sir...
Welcome, sir ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I could actually do the test myself (Lazy), but will this change each and all references to the view on all sheets? Which may not be desired.
TomWaltz
Participant
If you have placed the same view on multiple sheets, you have burned yourself....
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do it all the time, only changes the one highlighted (or is that just different view within same PLN? I will have to check).

EDIT: Made a copy of a layout with plans in it, went to new layout, Drawing usage, selected plan view in list, "Link(ed) to" another PLN file, only changed the one I selected. Original layout still contained correct plan view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
If you have placed the same view on multiple sheets, you have burned yourself....
I have to look back and think about it.....

Actually My "multiply views are often only for printing different sheet sizes with different masters. Or in the case of my project North arrow that comes from AC object and view, it is placed many times (mostly in the different master layouts). Also I have a Square footage Schedule from AC that is link to different sheets.

I guess that question was academic.