Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Why Archicad ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have worked in Archicad for the past 1.5 years after being trained in Autocad for a year. I fell in love with Archicad and am about to purchase version 9 from a Graphisoft Dealer. My question is just a general one to open up some pro's and con's. Why should I continue to stay with Archicad when it is so hard to find a job in it as opposed to Autocad and what sets it apart from Autocad ? What about products like Intergraph has like Smartplant 3d. Should I learn it instead of investing more time in Archicad ?

Thanks and thanks for a great forum.

Born2Draft
52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sergio wrote:

Anyway, as (I think it was Dwight) mentioned, why complain on here. Good question. Maybe (I HOPE) the powers that be will notice and will do something about it. Personally I love the software and would LOVE to be able to continue to use it, but I don't think that I should be doing GS' job - that of marketing and teaching the world (now if they'd pay me... that'd be a different story, though I think there'd be more qualified people out there anyway). I just want to be able to do architecture... and boy how I miss the administrative stuff

Sergio,

When hiring and employee give then a copy of AC tell them: " I have purchesed this just for you this is yours after x time"

Believe me he/she will learn it in no time.
Adalbert wrote:
When hiring and employee give then a copy of AC tell them: " I have purchesed this just for you this is yours after x time"

That is brilliant.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adalbert wrote:
...tell them: " I have purchesed this just for you this is yours after x time"

Unique idea. Unfortunately currently I may have to settle for being called "doubing Thomas". I may give that idea some further thought, but don't think we'll jump on that bandwagon just yet. Probably just too many discouraging experiences recently.

Though I suppose you could kill 2 birds with that one stone: get people to learn it (hopefully), and do GS's job and get the software out in the architectural world.