Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO not working for one operator only!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I'm quiet because I'm happy with AC. HOWEVER, here's a new one: I'm trying to SEO off the tops of my gable end walls with a roof...as you can see from the attached jpeg, one half of the roof works fine, but the other half just doesn't do anything...when I click the "execute" button with that air of finality, it thinks for a sec, and then there is no change. Did I somehow do something to my roof such that it can't act as an operator? Weird weird weird. Bizzarchicad. Any thoughts?
Thanks!!!

Picture 3.png
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
Sergio, when your issue first arose, did you double check that you had used the correct type of subtraction method (subtraction w/ upward extrusion)? If not, that may have been the problem.
S
Checked everything. Re-SEOed the whole thing a couple of times to make sure the settings were okay. SEOed the wall by both roof planes at once - only one subtracted. Moved roof around, etc. Nothing. And I think I ran into this a while back also and solved it the same way then also (erase roof and redraw/re-mirror).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Rakela wrote:
Often projects are changing and I much prefer to Live SEO as opposed to the Trim to Roof
there is an option under the wall menu to eliminate the performed trim to roof command and go back to zero....probably i missed the point!!
The live relationships between the walls and roofs eliminate the need to uncut and recut the walls when there is a change.
I was trained to use TTR for everything and then I was retrained by the architalkers to use SEO and i would never go back. It does make the file bigger but it is a price I am willing to pay to get the results I get.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My problem was exactly as Sergio has described it. I undid all SEO operations, everything. Nothing worked until I copied the functional one and rotated it and then all SEO worked fine. I use SEO for the versatility. Sorry for the delay on my response--I had no idea the thread was so active!
If it happens again...I'll try to take more careful notes. Might be a bug. That's what it felt like; a fluke.
Thanks to all...!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just discovered that a roof with zero thickness wont work as an operator in SEO but change thickness to 1mm and it works!
Frustrating / Interesting......
You probably all knew this already

wavydavy@csparchitects
Anonymous
Not applicable
csparchitects wrote:
Just discovered that a roof with zero thickness wont work as an operator in SEO but change thickness to 1mm and it works!
Frustrating / Interesting......
You probably all knew this already

wavydavy@csparchitects
Solid operations require solid elements. A zero thickness roof is planar.
Dwight
Newcomer
Zobi wrote:
Might be a bug. That's what it felt like; a fluke.
Thanks to all...!!!
Like, make up your mind. Insect or fish? Legs or scales?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately, SEOing a wall really goofs up the windows within the wall. TTR is the only viable solution in these cases. So now I usu. do TTR. Has anyone else experienced these goofy windows? Pretty sure so. (Goofy, as in, the trim gets really really long, but reverts when you un-SEO the wall.)
David Collins
Advocate
Zobi wrote:
Unfortunately, SEOing a wall really goofs up the windows within the wall.
In ArchiCAD 9, I've found that a custom window in a wall trimmed with SEO will refuse to show its GDL defined section attributes properly. TrimtoRoof solved that problem, too. I haven't tested this in 10 yet.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Zobi wrote:
Might be a bug. That's what it felt like; a fluke.
Thanks to all...!!!
Like, make up your mind. Insect or fish? Legs or scales?
I thought a fluke was an invertebrate.
Dwight
Newcomer