Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Elevator block

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wondering if anybody out there has had any luck with any of the standard elevator blocks (Elevator: Standard & 02). I used to "workaround" in previous projects, but I think that this current project will benefit from a properly working block. Unfortuately, the SE9 one doesn't want to generate and I don't want to go and tinker around in the code (lack of patience and experience... in reverse order:) ). The US9 has limiting factors when trying to set the size of the cab to real world dimensions from manufacturers.

Does anybody have any ideas (other than buying a different block)? I'm stumped.
15 REPLIES 15
Erika Epstein
Booster
What is a "Block"?
We speak ArchiCAD here
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
What is a "Block"?
We speak ArchiCAD here
That could be why the ASTOUNDING number of replies... So to clarify, I meant GDL blocks.

Anyway, I seem to have finally managed a basic installation of the 9US elevator... GDL , but I'm still wondering why the 9SE is so unusable. Whenever I try to set any options for it visually (second entry, right after Parameters), it blanks out the whole... submenu (for lack of a better word).

Now, shouldn't these be blocks that have been finalized and certified to work correctly? Am I doing something wrong (maybe using the block in the first place)? Any documented quirks with this one?

And as soon as I figure this one out, I'll move to the second block: parking stripes (how come only 90 degrees ) ...
TomWaltz
Participant
I think the word you are looking for is "Object" not "Block"

I've said before and I'll say it again: I'm not impressed with the "Special Edition" library at all. I've stuck with the basic Archicad 9 library. It has its warts, but at least it works.

I've never had a lot of luck with the Elevator Object. It works as a decent generic elevator, but does not conform well to a lot of catalog-based dimensions.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I think the word you are looking for is "Object" not "Block"
Darn. I hate it when I'm wrong... I could've SWORN it was block. I guess I'm not completely brainwashed from my AutoCad days just yet...
I've never had a lot of luck with the Elevator Object. It works as a decent generic elevator, but does not conform well to a lot of catalog-based dimensions.
So I guess the only solution left are either tinker with the GDL block or buy another one, right? Oh well. Thanks for the info.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The word "block" just sounds nasty now, and that's coming from an old AutoCrud user....
TomWaltz
Participant
Sergio wrote:
So I guess the only solution left are either tinker with the GDL block or buy another one, right?
GDL object.

I'm afraid so.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
GDL object.
Old habits die hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable
you have to be kidding "block"..."object".....what about CELL....hey...it's only 4 letters...less typing time....
TomWaltz
Participant
all right, Microstation-Boy.... 😉

Why not bring up Revit Family and Arris Repeated Item....
Tom Waltz