Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

retrieving 3d data from a modle

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey

the api stipulates that the following two function calls, ACAPI_3D_GetNum and ACAPI_3D_GetComponent are used to retrieve the data from archiCAD as meshes. however, it doesn't seem to work. i open an example file and the GetNum call returns zero.

This is my test code:
std::stringstream str;
long              nBody;
GSErrCode         err;

err = ACAPI_3D_GetNum (API_BodyID, &nBody);
str << "API_BodyID:" << "\t\t\t" << nBody << "\n";

::MessageBox(NULL, str.str().c_str(), "AHHAHAHA", MB_OK);
trying to just arbitrarily obtain a 3D object returns no error, but an incorrect object id.

can anyone help me with what i am doing wrong?

thanks a lot
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, this is an interesting problem. i tried toying with the provided 3D_Test project, and while i can get it to dump the geometry of any object that i click on, it will not iterate through the whole plan and dump everything at once. it too tells me that there are no bodies in the plan. i don't get an error code.

any help would really be appreciated.
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The 3D window has to be active, and a valid model is required. Also, the 3D window has to be in shading mode, not in wireframe.

HTH,

Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Akos wrote:
The 3D window has to be active, and a valid model is required. Also, the 3D window has to be in shading mode, not in wireframe.

HTH,

Akos
Are there any way to get around this problem? Can't I do this from the addon so the user doesn't have to be bothered?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
jmi wrote:
Akos wrote:

HTH,

Akos
Are there any way to get around this problem? Can't I do this from the addon so the user doesn't have to be bothered?
Perhaps 'ACAPI_Element_Get3DInfo' is what you are after?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Akos wrote:
I think it should be implemented like this (from 3D_Test example):

short		origSight = 0, planSight;
// we must switch to the 3D Window's sight
planSight = (short) API_PlanSight;
err = ACAPI_3D_SelectSight (&planSight, &origSight);
if (err != NoError) {
	ErrorBeep ("Cannot switch to the 3D sight", err);
	return;
}
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
archonmaster wrote:
I think it should be implemented like this (from 3D_Test example):
It's not worth answering questions that are years old - after all, the answer might change every year
Ralph Wessel BArch