Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Object Depository

Tibor Szolnoki
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
[Note from Moderator - June 14, 2013:
Dear Talkers,
With ArchiCAD 16 came https://bimcomponents.com, the new object site for ArchiCAD. It has become the main distribution center for objects for the ArchiCAD community. It works with ArchiCAD versions 16 and later.
The GDL Object Depository is still functioning for those using earlier ArchiCAD versions. Those versions do not work with Bimcomponents.com as they don't contain the necessary user interface and code for its integration.
The GDL Depository will continue to be located at
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php.
The only change is that there is no longer a direct link to it from the main page of the ArchiCAD-Talk Forum. Otherwise it is working as before]

Original post follows:

Dear Archi-Talkers,

I’m glad to announce that the GDL Object Depository is now open:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php

This website provides a forum for Archicad users who want to exchange free GDL objects and texture libraries. GDL Object Depository has two purposes:

Free object download

Free GDL objects, libraries and textures are available for download from an easy-to-understand folder hierarchy for all registered members of the Archicad-Talk forum. As a starter GDL object Depository contains all the GDL libraries that were previously released on the GDL Central website. Note that you have to accept the download agreement before you can start downloading.

Free object upload

Registered users of the Archicad-Talk forum are enabled to contribute to the content of this depository and share their free GDL objects and textures with other Archicad users. For each uploaded element the owner has to provide basic information such as the title, the version and the language of the library. Furthermore a short description and a preview image can be added to every object.

Please post your comments and requests regarding the GDL Object depository functions and features in this thread.

Note: Since the complete content of GDL Central is now available from the Object Depository we decided to close the GDL Central website by the end of June.

Best regards,
Tibor Szolnoki

Product Manager
ArchiCAD Product Management
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where if the Object Depository would we upload Custom Door Panels. These are just the door panels to be used with AC door objects that allow Custom Panels.
Frank Beister
Advisor
Very good idea. And in english. 😉

It would be good, to have a "new in the last ... days" and a search by (key)words.

What's about updates? Does one has to post it again under a new name?
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
giza
Booster
Great thanks a lot..
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be good, to have a "new in the last ... days" and a search by (key)words.
That is a great idea. I had a similar thought when I was going through the uploaded items - How am I going to know what is new and what I have already looked at. I hope this can be implemented.
Tibor Szolnoki
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
F. wrote:
Very good idea. And in english. 😉

What's about updates? Does one has to post it again under a new name?
Thanks for the proposals. Now you can see the four last uploads listed on the main page. The search engine will take a bit more time...
Tibor Szolnoki

Product Manager
ArchiCAD Product Management
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Tibor for your response to our "needs".

Another request: if the Library object is from the AC 7 "Silver Bullet" edition that the description of the object contain a statement like "From 20th Anniversary Edition CD".

This will save the down load for those that have the CD and save time in looking at objects that we may already have looked at or even use from this CD.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Tibor,
it would be great if the Object Depository had a place for templates, work environment profiles, pens sets, favorites and other project attributes.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
giza
Booster
Geoff wrote:
Tibor,
it would be great if the Object Depository had a place for templates, work environment profiles, pens sets, favorites and other project attributes.
yes really this would be perfect, lets share ...
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
Tibor,
Thats a great idea. I get tired of continually re-inventing the wheel. Especially now when I am transitioning between versions. I keep thinking there has to be a better way. We need the library / favorites transition utility to help us bring things forward. Maybe some day the attribute manager will be smart enough to aid us there.