Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Toolbox shortcuts AC10

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Am I right in saying that the default AC10 keyboard shortcuts don't have any setup for the Toolbox like there was for AC 9?

I tried to use the old AC 9 shortcuts for the toolbox but a lot of them conflict with the new AC10 shortcuts.

Anyone got a nice logical scheme for the Toolbox shortcuts. I've attached what I've got so far but it's not ideal.

One annoying thing that AC10 doesn't show that AC 9 did was when you float your mouse over the Toolbox icons it would show you the name of the Tool plus what it's shortcut is but in AC 10 it only shows you the name of the the Tool but no shortcut.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
14 REPLIES 14
Scott Bulmer
Booster
I don't have an answer for you as I am equally as frustrated. BUT I would like to add to your list with 'Marquee' & 'Arrow' selection shortcuts.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Actually what the screenshot shows is just what appears in the menu Design / Design Tools I have actualy defined the arrow tool to use the number 1.

I haven't come up with an alternative for the Mesh tool as the M key is used logically enough for the Measure command. Although I'm still using the the Control and Coordinate Boxes but then I'm old fashioned so I suppose I could fore go the new Measure pallette
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aside from the Arrow Tool/Last Tool toggle I hardly ever use the hotkeys for tool selection. Perhaps it's just old habits but I find the option/alt click much faster.

That said, I still haven't settled on what I want to do with the new AC10 standard shortcuts. I have a feeling that they will at least make my life interesting for a while as I have to work with whatever my various clients decide to use (and I have to decide what to recommend).
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
One annoying thing that AC10 doesn't show that AC 9 did was when you float your mouse over the Toolbox icons it would show you the name of the Tool plus what it's shortcut is but in AC 10 it only shows you the name of the the Tool but no shortcut.
This is not actually correct. AC10's tooltips still shows all the keyboard shortcuts, it's just that the default (INT) Shortcut Scheme does not include many Toolbox shortcuts. Hover over the Polyline tool to see.

Graphisoft drastically changed the keyboard shortcuts, but they almost had to with all the new features they added. You are still able to redifine them, as you've found out. And even though you are on the INT version you may wantto take a look at the US Upgrade Profile at:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/library_updates10/USA.html

This file includes a Work Environment which offers the old shortcut keys from AC9.

Cheers,
Link.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
This is not actually correct. AC10's tooltips still shows all the keyboard shortcuts, it's just that the default (INT) Shortcut Scheme does not include many Toolbox shortcuts. Hover over the Polyline tool to see.
Well I have shortcuts assigned to most of the Tools on the Toolbar but they aren't being displayed when I float my mouse over the icons.

I wonder if there is a difference between the US version and the European version?
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I wonder if there is a difference between the US version and the European version?
I wouldn't have thought so. It's usually the same program with localization for different regions. I'm running just the INT (817) at the moment, as I recently uninstalled the US version.

One way to run a quick check is to do a New & Reset All (hold down the alt key when you open the File menu). This will reset your project template as well as your WE, so be sure to save yours out first.

Regardless, it sounds a little buggy to me.

Cheers,
Link.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Weird thing I have found is that the smaller Toolbox Tools pallette the name of the tool and the shortcut appear but still don't work for the fullsize pallette.
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Chazz
Enthusiast
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Weird thing I have found is that the smaller Toolbox Tools pallette the name of the tool and the shortcut appear but still don't work for the fullsize pallette.
Yep, here too. Gotta say that I much prefer the Toolbox to the Tool palette. Smaller, simpler and without the Selection/Design/Document divisions which I find a little patronizing (if I'm using the wall tool in a detail isn't that documenting?).
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
TomWaltz
Participant
Chazz wrote:
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Yep, here too. Gotta say that I much prefer the Toolbox to the Tool palette. Smaller, simpler and without the Selection/Design/Document divisions which I find a little patronizing (if I'm using the wall tool in a detail isn't that documenting?).
You can use the Wall Tool in a Detail Window?
Tom Waltz