Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

perspective view bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was working in perspective view and I am not sure what I did but it seems like I broke it. haha

anyway i can either see a small upper portion of the house which is tipped on its side 90 degrees and if I try orbit or 3dfly it just goes white and the movements do not work.

p.s. my screenshots keyboard comand stopped working???? so I can not attach a picture.
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having same problem, must be some kind of bug, searched topics for last five months and didn't find anything related.

But I've got one unsympatic solution for u and thats to open a new template and copy/paste your work there.

First pic: you can c that it starts when camera get close to the building

Second and third pic: if camera turns just a litle bit, half of the building is gone

Its like some "cutting plane" that cuts the view but you cant turn it off.
4.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
Nicola is on the money, here, sinice merging into a new project leaves the problem behind. We are calling it the Evil Chopping Block of Invisibility.

ECBI
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
From what I have seen this is in some way display related.

If those experiencing the problem could please list their hardware specs including display card this might help sort things out.

I have a client who had this problem. I'll ask when I see them on Thursday and find out what they remember about it.
Dwight
Newcomer
I sent a problem file - the lighthouse file shown previously - to another volunteer user who found the problem on his own equipment altho he did not also get the pustules. We concluded that it was in the file, because merging it into a fresh project worked for both of us.

For the record, I had the problems occasionally two years ago on my Mac G5 2x2.0 Gigamegz with 3.5 Gb RAM using a GeForce 6800 Ultra card - that's the one you needed to drive a 30" display at that time. What a rip.

Curse you, ECBI
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
My graphic card is radeon 9800 pro. Processor is AMD 64 3000+

I think Mr.Dwight has right, its not up to the display hardware or driver.

(I wish we could buy an 30" display in computer store here, the largest one I could get is 20" (LCD), must be great experience to look at such big monitor.)
Dwight
Newcomer
Fair enough that your store only has the 20".
I just got an LG 20" widescreen as a tickbird for my big display. US$260.

I wouldn't know the import problems for Croatia, but Apple will sell its displays by mail order if you really need to pursue it. [Dell's is newer technology - investigate that one first] But don't think of the 30" display as the holy grail because, if you are as old as your avatar suggests (and that you simply didn't use a picture of an infamous politician from the fifties) actually seeing the entire screen at once is a challenge to the eyesight. Lot of chair shifting and refocusing of the bifocals. Jerry Lee Lewis wrote a song about it "Whole Lotta Head Movement Going On."

If you could have 2, 20" displays for US$550., why would you spend US$2000. (or whatever) for about the same number of pixels? (3,500,000 VS 4,100,000). Not to mention that a more modest card can drive the smaller displays - a further economy.

I'm ambivalent about having a single large display. A second display gives a distinct seperation of windows unequalled by a narrow strip of lithographer's tape dividing the large display.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW Mr. Dwight, u always answer to a massage in no time, like now, 20 min from my submit to your answer. Do you have some beeper that calls you if someone puts a massage on forum?

Dwight wrote:
I wouldn't know the import problems for Croatia, but Apple will sell its displays by mail order
The ONLY import problem for Croatia is that we import twice as much as we export. ; it would be no problem to get it over mail.

Dell's is newer technology - investigate that one first
I did it, looks amazing, 30" and has 2560x1600 resolution !!! ; costs 1500$
But don't think of the 30" display as the holy grail... ...actually seeing the entire screen at once is a challenge to the eyesight.
Thx for information, that means Ill keep than -the old- 20" one (it was hard to find one that size which is not wide screen - i dont like widescreen) and save money. One monitor is enough for me, for now.
if you are as old as your avatar suggests (and that you simply didn't use a picture of an infamous politician from the fifties)
Bravo, first I doubted to put that avatar cause some ppl didn't like him. I didn't expect that non ex-yugoslav citizens will recognize him.
Dwight
Newcomer
The computer is next to where i do my real work - in a design studio with tools and space to paint and draw.

Up late for the month because I am finishing a complex interactive lighting sytem built in to a bunch of metal panels that are excruciatingly difficult to make fit. Especially since we must ship it all half way across the continent to Denver, Colorado next week, so it all must work from the getgo or we will freeze.

This place has ADSL that is always on. The Archicad talk topics i attend to are scanned every five minutes by my RSS system. Nothing to it.

Who, exactly are you using for your avatar? I was just guessing because of the photo's age.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Dwight wrote:
Who, exactly are you using for your avatar? I was just guessing because of the photo's age.
Tito.

Also known as Marshall Tito, and Josip Broz.

The leader of Yugoslav resistance in WWII, the lifelong post WWII president of Yugoslavia, one of the founders of the Non aligned movement (with Nehru of India and Nasser of Egypt) and so on ...

Look him up.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
That was my suspicion, but the only photos of him that i can get all depict him younger, in military garb and under a halo.
Not like in the end, eh?
So i couldn't be sure.

Like, in the old days, when i followed my girlfriend going into a motel room with another man. They kissed and then turned out the light. I couldn't be sure.

Yes, it is old.
Dwight Atkinson