BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

fill not found (warning)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting a "fill not found" warning that refers to numbered lines in the wa_trim_us_10.gsm file.
My drawings won't regenerate because of this problem in my doors and windows.

Help?
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
Have you deleted any fills from your project? Or, did anyone delete any of the Archicad fills in making your office template?

Either one could create that error.
Tom Waltz
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dave:

Also see this thread:
Library Parts Not Working Properly

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dave wrote:
I'm getting a "fill not found" warning that refers to numbered lines in the wa_trim_us_10.gsm file.
My drawings won't regenerate because of this problem in my doors and windows.

Help?
I assume you have a window in a profiled wall. There is a bug in the wa_trim_us_10 .gsm macro that creates the error.

Attached is my repaired version of the macro. To install it you will have to unpack/extract the AC10 library container file and replace the macro. It is in:

ArchiCAD Library 10/Object Library 10/MACROS 10/D-W Macros 10/D-W Accessories 10/Window Accessories 10/Trim Macros 10

You should probably resave the library container file to protect it from unintentional changes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew, I managed to download your corrected wa_trim_us_10.gsm, (thx!) but can you/someone advise installation procedures?

Here's as far as I got:
1. File>Libraries>Extract Container to crack open the Object Library 10.lcf, which spilled into a bunch of subfolders, which I stored in a temp folder
2. found and replaced the .gsm file with yours
3. made sure my temp folder was located NOT inside the ArchiCAD Library 10 folder, so that I could:
4. use Library Manager to load this folder as an active Library (even tho it isn't an .lcf yet) (without this step, it doesn't appear in the Create Container window which comes next
5. File>Libraries>Create Container window, I highlight my temp folder and hit Create button, and whamo it creates an .lcf file

BUT there's still a problem: the new .lcf file is faulty, and doesn't have nearly the 95MB size that the original file had. I can't find much instruction on how to create a new .lcf container. SOS?
Learn and get certified!