Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wish 3d rotate in archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish that archicad have 3d rotate command.

I hate to go in gdl to put some now lines (rot x, roty, rotz)
I m lucky becouse David N. show me a cookbook but a lot of people don't know nothing about gdl and these users of archicad are in big trouble when they for example need to rotate 3d text.

Then i must to show them a way how to do that !

For those who don't want to learn gdl, GS plz make in some new ver of archicad 3d rotate.

I will be very helpful if this 3d rotate command be able to rotate wall, column,

CIAO FROM SARAJEVO
25 REPLIES 25
Djordje
Ace
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
a lot of people don't know nothing about gdl and these users of archicad are in big trouble when they for example need to rotate 3d text.
Funny ... I thought there is a parameter for 3D text? 😉

Think about your wish re walls and columns as a builder would.

But, I agree for the objects - the rotation IS possible, as ArchiForma for example proves.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje, when i strated to use archicad there was not option to rotate 3d text in x,y,z way.
But i remember wery well that i was able to rotate cars, text and other gdl objects after a red cookbook
one more time : rescpect for David N. creator of CookBook

Veliki pozdrav za Vas, gosp. Djodrdje

CIAO !
Djordje
Ace
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
Djordje, when i strated to use archicad there was not option to rotate 3d text in x,y,z way.
Djordje

HP Omen
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
I do too. It should be included in the 3D pet palette.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Geoff wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
I do too. It should be included in the 3D pet palette.
I do three! I love working in 3D in SketchUp. When I move back into AC, it's quite frustrating to be so limited in 3D navigation.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
I hate to go in gdl to put some now lines (rot x, roty, rotz)
The other drawback with GDL is that it will only work on a single object, and rotate about an origin which is local to that object. You can't just take an arbitrary selection of objects and rotate them about a common axis.

Take a look at FrameWright for 3D tools including 3D rotation, 3D cutting, working planes, and profiling (+no GDL scripting required). You can select any number of objects and rotate in 3D about a user-defined axis - all the objects remain independently editable and no new objects are created. Refer to:
http://www.encina.co.uk/framewright.html
Ralph Wessel BArch
__archiben
Booster
count me in. rotation about all axis whilst working in 3D window is essential!

of course, developing the existing tool/elements so that they too can rotate would also be a huge leap forward . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
Ralph wrote:
The other drawback with GDL is that it will only work on a single object, and rotate about an origin which is local to that object. You can't just take an arbitrary selection of objects and rotate them about a common axis.
Yes, this would be good!

And you already posted the ad, no need of reminding us in every post ... great addon!
Djordje

HP Omen
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
It would be really nice to be able to rotate objects in 3D.
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com