Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

PLOTTING FROM A G5 TO AN HP220 DESIGN JET (10 YRS OLD)

Anonymous
Not applicable
HELP,

I HAVE A NEW G5 AND AN OLD HP220 DESIGN JET (10 YEARS OLD).
I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO SET UP A NETWORK TO RUN PLOTS THROUTGH THE 220. I AM HAVING NO LUCK. MYSET UP IS AS FOLLOWS:
220 DESIGN JET CENTRONICS PARALLEL CABLE TO A HP JET DIRECT 170 PRINT SERVER TO CAT 5 WIRE TO A LINKSYS ETHERFAST 10/100 WORKGROUP HUB TO A CAT5 WIRE TO THE G5. THE PORT ADDRESS IS 9100 THE RESPONSE TO PLOT IS "WITING FOR CONNECTION TO 192.0.0.193/9100". DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR ENABLING THIS COMBINATION TO WORK CORRECTLY. OR DO I ATTEMPT TO NETWORK MY NEW G5 W/ AND OLDER POWERMAC8100?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your set up should be working fine as far as I can tell.

Are you sure that the IP address is correct? It is a bit unusual.

I assume that the LinkSys device is a switch rather than a hub (not that it really matters as far as this issue is concerned). Is it also a DHCP server and are you using DHCP on your network?

The LinkSys standard addresses are 192.168.1.xxx (starting at 192.168.1.101 for DHCP). My JetDirect box is set to 192.168.1.5 which I believe was the default setting out of the box. You can check the address of the JetDirect by pressing the test button while turning the unit on (or something like that - I don't have the unit in front of me and it's been a long time since I've done it).

Hope this helps.
JCovarrubias
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
cargus1 wrote:
HELP,

I HAVE A NEW G5 AND AN OLD HP220 DESIGN JET (10 YEARS OLD).
I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO SET UP A NETWORK TO RUN PLOTS THROUTGH THE 220. I AM HAVING NO LUCK. MYSET UP IS AS FOLLOWS:
220 DESIGN JET CENTRONICS PARALLEL CABLE TO A HP JET DIRECT 170 PRINT SERVER TO CAT 5 WIRE TO A LINKSYS ETHERFAST 10/100 WORKGROUP HUB TO A CAT5 WIRE TO THE G5. THE PORT ADDRESS IS 9100 THE RESPONSE TO PLOT IS "WITING FOR CONNECTION TO 192.0.0.193/9100". DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR ENABLING THIS COMBINATION TO WORK CORRECTLY. OR DO I ATTEMPT TO NETWORK MY NEW G5 W/ AND OLDER POWERMAC8100?
What is the IP address of your G5?
http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
Jeffry Covarrubias
GS US Technical Support Team Leader
P-C2D 1.86GHz/2GB w/ 256MB GeForce 8600GTS; G4 OS 10.4.10 1GHz/1GB "[that other software] is a fancy set of electronic marker pens"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Have a look at the following software. It should do the job.

http://www.microspot.co.uk/products/techInfo/xrip.htm

Regards,

Nick