BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.
SOLVED!

BIMx issues on iPhone an iPad Pro after updating to iOS/iPadOS 17

Markus Denzlinger
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

I've just update my iPhone and my iPad Pro to Version 17.0.1.

When using BIMx there are vertical grey areas (like shadows) in the 3D view.

These areas are not this visible when holding the iPhone in landscape mode (horizontal) and the iPad in portrait mode (vertical).

IMG_4591.PNGIMG_4590.PNG

I've checked all possible settings in BIMx. With some settings it's getting even worse.

Is anyone facing the same issue or can help me out with some settings to solve this.

Regards

Markus

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

The next BIMx update is going to resolve this iOS 17 specific issue within a few days. Keep an eye on BIMx News!

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

View solution in original post

Solution
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All, we've just released version 2023.5234 in the App Store, targeting older devices with the solution to this new iOS-specific issue. Please install the BIMx update and let us know if you experience any unexpected changes! 

(Regarding white balance in BIMx, see my comment in the relevant topic.)

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

The next BIMx update is going to resolve this iOS 17 specific issue within a few days. Keep an eye on BIMx News!

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager
Marios Angelo
Contributor

IMG_2586.png
Same issue on iPadOS 17.0.2…lines on shadows (or materials?)
No issues on the same model on iOS 17.0.2No issues on the same model on iOS 17.0.2

Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

The fix works on most devices, but some 4+ years old hardware is still affected. We're on it and release an update as soon as possible. Thanks for the report.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

The worst display is on black and white model display, so I guess it’s not the shadows but the materials (?). Anyway hope you can resolve this guys, as bimx is definitely an every day pro tool… Thanks for your reply Roland 🙂

As I said on another thread, the new BIMx app does not display white as white, aside for the streaking above. And I mean even for BIMx models created earlier than AC27 and which had displayed white properly on the previous, "unimproved" BIMx app versions.

How can I tell the client, well, I know it is dirt beige but imagine white?

AC27 Solo US, latest build
macOS Ventura 13.6
iMac | 3.8 GHz 8-core Intel i7 | 40 GB RAM | AMD Radeon 8 GB
Solution
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All, we've just released version 2023.5234 in the App Store, targeting older devices with the solution to this new iOS-specific issue. Please install the BIMx update and let us know if you experience any unexpected changes! 

(Regarding white balance in BIMx, see my comment in the relevant topic.)

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

The latest bimx update fixed the problem! Thank you Roland

Learn and get certified!