BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

VBE loading problem

Tom Krowka
Booster
When ltrying to export a 3D model into VBE, it says no valid license found for this computer. Wrong! Have a valid license and AC is open, which would not happen without a key.

Have a hardware dongle I have been using since V8. Could that be the problem?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
VBE requires a separate license on your keyplug than the license for ArchiCAD.

It sounds like you do not have a VBE license. Or it may be, like one of my clients, that the keyplug update site was not authorized by your reseller to install the license.

Go to https://upgrade.graphisoft.com and check your key's contents. If it does not show a VBE license, but you purchased one (individually or as a bundle), the update screen should give you the steps to add the license to your keyplug. If not, contact your reseller.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Tom Krowka
Booster
Had to update the WIBU key manually for some reason.

Have another question re: height of camera. I have an 8' thick mesh on the project. Camera ht. only goes up to approx. 7 feet; can't get on top of the mesh to get into the bldg. Stupid rookie question probably, but how can I set the height of the camera to measure from the story 1 level rather than the lowest point of objects in the VBE model. (At least that what it seems like it is doing)

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Karl Ottenstein
WIBU (or CodeMeter) keys have to be run through the update process once per license... So, if you had AC, MEP and VBE licenses, you would repeat the upgrade page business until all were installed. (Noting for anyone finding this discussion, since you're already good to go now, Tom.)

It sounds like you are in Fly mode, Tom. Press escape to see all of the navigation commands. Move upwards with the Y key until you are above your mesh, then press the F key to exit Fly mode. The camera will "drop" onto the surface below and at that point, walking will follow contours, go up stairs, and be blocked if attempting to walk through walls.

When in walk mode, the camera height is as specified in the Settings panel. Can change it there.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!