BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

bimx flow

tarngmyna
Participant

Hello

Just wondering how to get the bimx file with out a graphisoft license to log into. Can I not just save to desktop, upload it to my onedrive then view it in the app?

I have a windows tablet that is running an android emulator so I can get the bimx app. Drag and drop does not seem to work.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

The Web app on BIMx Model Transfer doesn't need signing in. You can open the model in the Mobile and Desktop apps without signing in if that is the first own model you import to the device. Additional models need signing in with a free Graphisoft account. License is not required, only for 1-2 collaboration features.

Please check the BIMx Licensing article: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/BIMx/BIMx-Licensing/ta-p/304184
I recently added more details about the new cloud licensing.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

@Roland Szabo Nobody wants that. People hate creating accounts.

You should seriously consider rolling back this distasteful "feature"!

Not sure why you're undermining a once great platform.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Ryleigh
Newcomer

@tarngmyna wrote:

Hello

Just wondering how to get the bimx file with out a graphisoft license to log into. Can I not just save to desktop, upload it to my onedrive then view it in the app?

fitness trainer dallas

I have a windows tablet that is running an android emulator so I can get the bimx app. Drag and drop does not seem to work.

Thanks

Have you encountered any limitations or issues with drag-and-drop functionality when attempting to use the BIMx app on a Windows tablet running an Android emulator?

Learn and get certified!