BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad to Revit with Layouts?

Melissa F
Contributor

Having never used Revit, I am unsure how an Archicad model translates into that software.

If I save my Archicad model as an IFC file to collaborate with someone working in Revit, does it take all the layouts from the Layout Book as well as the 3D model?

Are all the layers and layer groups preserved for use in Revit?

AC25 International
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Ultra, 128GB RAM
13.1 macOS Ventura
AC since version 4.5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
lopezfigueroa
Enthusiast

Hello Melissa, I hope you are well.
I explain to you.
Revit thinks differently than archicad.
In Revit there are no layers, only types and categories, it is a classification system similar to the IFC with which each model element is distinguished from the rest.

The IFC format only allows the export of the Model, the documentation can be exported to Revit but in a very similar way to Autocad - only by using vector files such as DWG, DXF and PDF.

Revit users will be able to take advantage of some of the documentation by cropping the view of these files.
It is the only way to take advantage of what you have documented.
I hope my comment helps you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
lopezfigueroa
Enthusiast

Hello Melissa, I hope you are well.
I explain to you.
Revit thinks differently than archicad.
In Revit there are no layers, only types and categories, it is a classification system similar to the IFC with which each model element is distinguished from the rest.

The IFC format only allows the export of the Model, the documentation can be exported to Revit but in a very similar way to Autocad - only by using vector files such as DWG, DXF and PDF.

Revit users will be able to take advantage of some of the documentation by cropping the view of these files.
It is the only way to take advantage of what you have documented.
I hope my comment helps you.

Learn and get certified!