Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archiforma wish !

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish that i can assign diferent materials on each side of archiforma oobject. Fabricio, this could be very cool option in next archiforma !
Thx
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, me too!
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
good suggestion Necko!

Changing the software itself could be just a bit difficult because actually we are busy in the porting for ArchiCAD 10.

Do you think it could be "acceptable" if the other materials could be set in the standard ArchiCAD Tool object?
I mean, in the main ArchiForma tool settings dialog window you set the "main" material then you can select the placed object and set the other materials by double-clicking in the ArchiCAD object settings dialog window.

Of course I can implement this feature only on those tool that use GDL statement which allow multi-materials.

Please, let me know...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio wrote:
good suggestion Necko!

Changing the software itself could be just a bit difficult because actually we are busy in the porting for ArchiCAD 10.

Do you think it could be "acceptable" if the other materials could be set in the standard ArchiCAD Tool object?
I mean, in the main ArchiForma tool settings dialog window you set the "main" material then you can select the placed object and set the other materials by double-clicking in the ArchiCAD object settings dialog window.

Of course I can implement this feature only on those tool that use GDL statement which allow multi-materials.

Please, let me know...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Yes, that will be great but its not a 100 % solution becouse GDL limitations.
What elelemets will be able to have multymaterial ???
and what elements dont ???

I use sketchup a lot to import and create elements and i love it
archiforma is much better then sketchup (in some tasks) cos when i revole surface i dont get havy object like in sketchup (a lot of lines in section,3d etc)

But skecthup has killing easy way of drawing,push and pull etc

Archicad has very poor 3d posibilitys, i hope that this will change !

Anyway, Archiforma is very good addon and for now this add on satisfied me in all way !
Only wish that i write 2 u is missing,
dif. materials for 1 object !
Im not gdl expert so its easy for me to say this, but how to acomplish this I DONT KNOW,BUT I M HOPPING THAT U KNOW
Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.moi3d.com/

When some1 create something like this program for archicad that will be best modeler program !

Easy, fast, easy to learn and only imagination is your limit

This is better then sketchup, more powerful but its still in devel.stage

CHECK IT OUT !

Anonymous
Not applicable
MoI seems interesting! I will give it a try!