BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

BIM'ing with FormZ !

TMA_80
Enthusiast
This will be probably the next step for Autodessys

"Bonzaist,

... The BIM version will come after version 7.0, and will be one of the first "specialized" branches of formZ. Regarding content, let us just say that we are quite aware now design restrictive both Revit and Archicad are, and we are trying hard to avoid the same pitfalls."

http://www.formz.com/forum2/messages/35952/36569.html?1248629848
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
6 REPLIES 6
TMA_80 wrote:
.......... Regarding content, let us just say that we are quite aware now design restrictive both Revit and Archicad are, and we are trying hard to avoid the same pitfalls."

http://www.formz.com/forum2/messages/35952/36569.html?1248629848

.......those are rather big words coming from the developers of FormZ - the same FormZ with the godawful UI and bewilderingly convoluted workflow.
While FormZ is indeed a rather powerful modeler, especially when it comes to freeform geometry, the whole nested/double-nested/triple-supernested menus and functions approach that makes FormZ such a headache to use, doesn't necessarily lend itself to making an application any less "design-restrictive" as they imagine ArchiCAD or even Revit to be.

And Bonzai, which was meant to be a head-to-head competitor to Sketchup, is not really that much better - especially in comparison.

I wish them all the best with their transition to BIM, but given just how much it seems they just don't 'get' what makes sense in an intuitive UI and efficient workflow, in other programs, I fail to see just how they're going to bridge that particular glaring gap in their current flagship program.
Djordje
Ace
Yeah, BIM is about the pure modeling, right ...

Why do we use BIM around here? Heck, we do VB!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje wrote:
Yeah, BIM is about the pure modeling, right ... Why do we use BIM around here? Heck, we do VB!
Djordje, learn how to meet the powers that be:
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Ace
Thomas wrote:
Djordje wrote:
Yeah, BIM is about the pure modeling, right ... Why do we use BIM around here? Heck, we do VB!
Djordje, learn how to meet the powers that be:
Thomas,

If I ever did, I would not be using ArchiCAD ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje wrote:
If I ever did, I would not be using ArchiCAD ...
I guess that's something we have in common
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Ha!

banzai didn't work. the war was lost anyway.

or is it bonsai. the littler version of something big.

very skeptical. amaze me. fill me with a childlike sense of wonder.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!