BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

CIGRAPH AC12 VERSIONS

Nuge
Advocate
I have just received my copy of AC12 and was flabbergasted that the Cigraph versions are still a month or so away from release (and will require a dongle). Surely Graphisoft should be keeping these companys in the loop regarding release dates.

Does anyone have a workaround (other than save all objects as GDL) as i have a large job i want to bring thru to AC12 but it has numerous archiforma objects.

Regards Nuge
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
56 REPLIES 56
Dennis Lee
Booster
I've had my AC12 for a while too, and am pretty disappointed that Cigraph addons won't be available until the Italian versions come out. It kind of forced me to use the built-in stairmaker for some of the simple ones, and I am finding that it's not too bad.

Anyway, I wonder why the others (Cadimage / Objective) can have AC12 versions right away while Cigraph has to wait till the Italian version comes out???
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Karl Ottenstein
Cigraph was in the loop and had the opportunity to release their add-ons with the release of 12.

Many of us who have been friends and supporters of Cigraph are surprised (to put it mildly) not only at the delay in release, but also their announced intent to use a dongle for protection...requiring yet another USB port.

Personally, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable recommending their products any longer because of this tremendously badly handled customer service situation.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl wrote:
Cigraph was in the loop and had the opportunity to release their add-ons with the release of 12.

Many of us who have been friends and supporters of Cigraph are surprised (to put it mildly) not only at the delay in release, but also their announced intent to use a dongle for protection...requiring yet another USB port.

Personally, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable recommending their products any longer because of this tremendously badly handled customer service situation.

Karl
Karl, I'm with you. Frankly, having to deal with yet another dongle is probably going to be the straw that breaks this camel's back. I really like their products, but not enough to deal with this level of hassle.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
rm
Advisor
I heard back from Fabrizio, looks like the AC12 updates should be out by the end of this month. Im guessing they are not posting a lot because they have been busy getting the updates tested and done.

As I said before, personally I think Cigraph has always tried to communicate effectively with their clients.

I too am not crazy about the new scheme to hand out dongles to run their plug-ins. One more dongle to manage seems like more headache, we shall see though.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Ok, finally here I am!
Sorry for the long delay in answering you but this period has been quite “full” for me both for business reason (we were hard working on the AC12 compatibility updates for our plug-ins) and for personal reason (during the last August I became father for my first time!).

One thing our customers complained the most were the way our software protection worked. Most people found it cumbersome, complex, not user-friendly and so on. Therefore as you can read on our web site we decided to introduce a new protection system based on a USB-WIBU dongle., the same type which is used by ArchiCAD.

In a couple of weeks all our registered customers will receive for FREE (one) empty Cigraph-dongle, which can be used to install or the compatibility upgrades (not free), or even buy new Plug-Ins from the Cigraph-Store.

The advantages you will get from this situation are:
- the plug-ins can be used on any computer you need and they are not anymore tied to a specific ArchiCAD dongle.
- if you change your ArchiCAD dongle you don’t need to get a new unlock code
- if you have more ArchiCAD and just one plug-ins you don’t need to move the AC dongle (and remember you serialized the plug-ins just under that dongle) but just move the plug-in dongle
- the dongle can be SINGLE or NETWORK just like the ArchiCAD ones where:
a. a SINGLE dongle can “authorize” the use of up to 10 different plug-ins
b. a NETWORK dongle can “authorize” the use of up to 5 different plug-ins
- the dongle handling is easier (over all from the user point of view) than the Registration ID / unlock code handling
- finally we will have network licences
- we will able to propose bundle of plug-ins with customised discount

We are very sorry that this new system brought some consistent delay in our shipment of updates, but we really believe that it will bring a lot of advantages to our customers.

In the next weeks you will be able to read more detailed info on our web site.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
rm
Advisor
Fabrizio,

Thank you for letting us know what is cooking at Cigraph.....I figured you were working hard on this.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Dennis Lee
Booster
Okay, i only have one plug-in from Cigraph, but that one has been useless for quite some time now. It is way past September. When is it coming?

To be brutally honest, I don't even know if it is a good idea to upgrade and keep it current at this pace.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone know a good option for archiforma plugin? i'm tired of waiting if cigraph is going to launch the upgrades any day, i receibed an email weeks ago, announcing that the new versions are ready, but the online store is closed from that day. If i have to wait months for upgrades, and maybe other months to receibe the new dongle, for me that software lose all his value. Is sad because cigraph use to be very efficient, lucky for me because i only had one plugin, if i used more maybe i go crazy.

Particulary, the archiforma tool that i used a lot, was the extrusion, but i loved because i rotated, and i can edited in the sections, even snapping to another objects. Someone know about another plugin with that funtionality?
Anonymous
Not applicable
cesarr wrote:
Someone know a good option for archiforma plugin? i'm tired of waiting if cigraph is going to launch the upgrades any day, i receibed an email weeks ago, announcing that the new versions are ready, but the online store is closed from that day. If i have to wait months for upgrades, and maybe other months to receibe the new dongle, for me that software lose all his value. Is sad because cigraph use to be very efficient, lucky for me because i only had one plugin, if i used more maybe i go crazy.

Particulary, the archiforma tool that i used a lot, was the extrusion, but i loved because i rotated, and i can edited in the sections, even snapping to another objects. Someone know about another plugin with that funtionality?
no
Learn and get certified!