BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Coordinate table

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

Does enyone have an idea how to create automatic coordinate table using a schedule. For example on site plan if i need a buildings corner coordinates. I wish to mark the corners with numbers and place a simple table on the side of the layout showing the X and Y cooordinate of these points.

Peeter
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If Ihad to do this, I would probably write a simple GDL object.
In GDL you can obtain the X and Y coordinates of the point the object was inserted. Here is a page that writes about this. You need the SYMB_POS_X and SYMB_POS_Y variables.
See at http://www.archicadwiki.com/Global_GDL_Parameters#head-931f5bd5cfdd709420576c31cd1b347f7925328c

The 2D Script of the object would probably be just a crosshair and a text. I would display the User ID of the object in that Text for two reasons:
1. It can be listed/scheduled
2. When placing these successive object representing the points, the program can be set in Preferences to automatically increase the User ID. Or later, with the Element ID Manager, the IDs can be rearranged.

Then I would create a simple Interactive Schedule that would list these objects, their User IDs, plus their X and Y coordinates.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello again,
I was able to create this simple object, and even to make it diplay the coordinates but I still unable to make a shedule diplay them as they are just a part of the 2d script.
My 2d script looks like this.

line2 -1,0,1,0
line2 0,1,0,-1
circle2 0,0,0.5
hotspot2 0,0
text2 1,1,glob_id
text2 1,-1,symb_pos_x
text2 1,-2,symb_pos_y

How can I make a shedule to read and display the x,y position of the object/

Peeter
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hmmm, I checked into this thing a little bit but I do not have good news.

I thought that since you can list any Parameter of any Library Part in an Interactive Schedule, you can create two new parameters for your object and use the PARAMETERS command of GDL to assign to them the values of SYMB_POS_X and SYMB_POS_Y. But it seems like it does not work.

Then I thought maybe you can create COMPONENTS for the Object and list the Components with the Interactive Schedule. However, you cannot list components of Objects with the IS, only components of Walls, Columns, Beams, Slabs and Roofs.

So I am out of ideas. Sorry.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks a lot for the help so far
Learn and get certified!