BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Translator Not Creating Custom Layers with Reno Status

Marc H
Advisor

The new AC DWG translator is much improved since I last used it a few years back.  I've been able to put together a 'Planned' design set for export and the output quality looks good.  With that, I am converting my AC layers to what is as close to NCS standard for use in ACAD by my engineer.  However, when I check the 'Use custom tag to indicate renovation status' option, all my layer export mapping is ignored and the exports show their original AC layering (with the associated RS suffix).   For clarity, the layer conversion works very nicely without the RS suffix checked.

My engineer requested Existing and Demo drawings and I have the existing elements GOR to gray, so he can use those for comparison and have some contrast, but does anyone have input or advice on this?

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!