BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Export to DWG - Some text/line missing in DWG paperspace

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC10, I exported layouts to AutoCAD (.dwg).

All annotation, leader lines are visible at point of export. (These annotation texts and leader lines exist in modeling view.)

When I viewed the exported .dwg using AutoCAD in paper space mode, it looks very wrong.

Though the building elements (eg. walls, columns, doors etc.) are visible, the annotations and leader lines disappear.

Switching back to model space mode, I actually find them there. So I tried re-inserting a new viewport back in paper space, duplicating the existing viewports that were created originally from ArchiCAD. The annotations and leader lines appear in the viewports I created.

This strange behavior means that I have to re-create every single viewport in the exported AutoCAD file, even though I have already done so in ArchiCAD. Imagine having 100s of viewports to set out all over again...it is a nightmare.

Does anyone experience a similar problem, and knows of a solution for this, other than to re-do the viewports? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't tell the version of AutoCad you are using. The newer ones seem to have zillions (I am just trying to familiarize myself with them) of settings to control how annotative elements display in paperspace viewports. Maybe the Archicad exporter sets these to some funny values, making them infinitesimally small, for instance.

Or maybe it just freezes the annotation layer in the viewports, this would be possible in versions back to 2000.

Just dumb suggestions

Anssi
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Anssi

I was using AutoCAD LT 2008 to open the file by the way.

I did consider the possibility of a parameter setting to turn/toggle on/off to make the text appear.

However, I ruled that out because it does not make sense, since additional viewports added to paperspace (this is in AutoCAD) displays the missing text and leader lines.

In fact, when I tried opening the .dwg file in ARCHICAD 10, the annotation text & leader lines go missing in the same way as viewed in AutoCAD. Therefore, the problem should lie in the ArchiCAD translator or something.

Shawn
Thomas Holm
Booster
Report the bug to your reseller!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shingo wrote:
However, I ruled that out because it does not make sense, since additional viewports added to paperspace (this is in AutoCAD) displays the missing text and leader lines.
Shawn,

This is just what makes me suspect an annotation layer frozen per the paperspace viewport. When you create a new viewport, it has all layers visible by default.

Anssi
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!