BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

GS Event: BLUEBEAM REVU AND ARCHICAD, (but not for you, Mac user)

4hotshoes
Advisor

This is only for Windows users, because Bluebeam does not work on Mac. So I don't understand the promotion of a half baked solution.

History:

Bluebeam was purchased by Nemetschek in 2014, Nemetschek owns Graphisoft, which makes Archicad, which has most of its users on Mac.

In 2019, Bluebeam annonces that it's product is on the Mac Platform, Yeah!

In 2020, Bluebeam decides to stop supporting it's product on the Mac Platform, Boo!

In 2023, Bluebeam says it's product on the Mac is declared dead. 

In 2023, Graphisoft promotes it's supportive connection to Bluebeam. Huh?

The main reason the Mac Platform got nixed is that right after developing it, Bluebeam chose to pursue a cloud based solution that works from a browser from any platform. That decision was made 5 years ago. But how long does it take to port an app from desktop to cloud? Apparently more than five years. It took 5 years to develop the Mac version.

What I cannot understand is why GS is promoting a "supported" product that most of its user base can't even test drive, because it is really unsupported. Will GS begin to stop supporting Archicad on the Mac in the near future? Hint, hint.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!