BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC Beams not joining

4dProof
Advisor

I have seen this a lot, and other than saving BREP, which is not ideal for obvious reasons, I have not found a way to resolve complex profile beams exporting to IFC. Is there some burried translator issue? are beams classified as coverings not recognizing actual geometry? what gives?

These two eave/soffit profiles are supposed to be mitered, but show block ended in solibri MV.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 8.57.33 AM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sonoma

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

never mind... answered my own question with 10 minutes of digging

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 10.53.12 AM.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

never mind... answered my own question with 10 minutes of digging

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 10.53.12 AM.png

runxel
Legend

You always need to make it a BREP.

All other options are basically useless, because you give up the control to the opening program, which in 99% of all cases will do something different than intended.

What you want, the reusable so called Design Transfer was never actually finished in the spec. I'd never give out IFC files not using BREP.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

I've found BREP models in Revit, in particular, to be difficult to snap to and align. I only send BREP in a last ditch attampt to get things right, but expect consultants to snap to dwg or use given dims from pdf, rather than snapping to model faces/edges.

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!