BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC penetrations model - importing and updating of created openings

BlairC_ACA
Participant

Hi Folks, 

Been hunting through the guides and forum, can't see a documented way to do this.

I'm receiving a "Combined Penetrations Model" from our combined services engineer.

It's being exporting from Revit as an IFC with all their required service penetrations in our walls, floors etc.

I can bring the IFC in as a module and then "Create Openings from Selection" easily,

BUT what I'd like to be able to do is update the openings when I get an updated version of the penetrations model. 

I can't see any way of making the openings created in my Archicad file to be live or linked and update automatically when I update the incoming Combined Penetrations IFC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
k_bauschert
Enthusiast

ArchiCAD automations are one-way. You can use somehow "smart" tools to generate some elements automatically but after that they are detached objects.
AFAIK the only way to update is delete and recreate, with losing the old object and its connections (measurement, id ..)

AC 6,5 - 25 - (27) | GER WIN
Learn and get certified!