BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import DWG block

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok , i am not an autocad user , but i can't remember it used to be working , importing 3D DWG files , or Blocks from autocad , now with AC10 something wrong is happening , i tried every trick i know , convert it to GDL blocks , open..merge... but yet nothing!! i get GDL parts 2D and even sometimes nothing . i guess i am missing a huge step!! and i can't help it

so if any one can explain the steps in this method .. " importing 3D DWG files and blocks for IDIOTS "? that would be perfect

i searched the forum and i was really shocked that no one is having this problem!!

so its my fault !! but still i need your help
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
searched the forum and i was really shocked that no one is having this problem
Detective, look just 4 post below yours
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mario wrote:
searched the forum and i was really shocked that no one is having this problem
Detective, look just 4 post below yours
Ouch!! that hurts!!

Thanx
Anonymous
Not applicable
Naaa, forget it
But Im having probelem with this, becuse the imported dxf/dwg models get triangulated, eventhou it didnt had any triangels at all
This is usual for .3ds formats, NOT for dxf/dwg!
....if you have any idea...
Anonymous
Not applicable
mm..nope, but can u send me one of these blocks? " i mean files?"

i would like to try that " actually i don't have Autocad right now to try any "

and don't expect good news but just trying to get experience with that , thats all . " and who knows? may would have some benefit "
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try with "external" modeling just a cube in any program and export it as .dxf and then import it in AC...it will get triangulated!
Learn and get certified!