BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

More info on the new Cigraph dongle based protection system

Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear users,

I’m not sure the communication about the new Cigraph plug-ins protection system is enough clear, so I want to take advantage of ArchiCAD-Talk Forum to better explain how it works.

First of all, we take advantage of the ArchiCAD 12 release to introduce a new protection system based on a USB dongle.
Our dongle is a red WIBU dongle (just like the ArchiCAD one) and we choose the WIBU solution in order to avoid any possible conflict with the ArchiCAD protection system.

The dongle can be SINGLE or NETWORK (like the ArchiCAD one).
A SINGLE dongle can authorize up to 10 different add-ons.
A NETWORK dongle can authorize up to 5 different add-ons.

We shipped a free of charge dongle to all our users (of course the ones we know) which bought at least one Cigraph plug-in in the last 12 months.

This dongle is an “empty” dongle: it doesn’t let you use any of our plug-ins.

If you want to use our software under ArchiCAD 12, you should buy, first of all, the needed compatibility updates (using our e-store or asking for them to your reseller/distributor).

If you will buy from our e-store, once you made the purchase you will receive two first e-mails confirming the purchase has been successful, the first one from the bank the second one from Cigraph.

In this phase we are still using our “old” e-store so the final part of the procedure is still manual.
This means that (as you can read in the Cigraph confirmation e-mail) you have to wait for a second Cigraph e-mail (the third one if you count also the bank e-mail) that will notice you that you can upgrade/load your dongle from our web site.
This last e-mail usually arrive 24 hours after the second one (depending of course if we are in office time because this last part, as I just wrote, is manually carried on).

After this last step, I mean after the dongle loading, you have to install the latest version of our plug-ins downloading them from our web site.

This last step is probably not so obvious…
From the number of e-mail I got I realized that a lot of users think that the dongle contains also the software.
But our dongle, once again, works just like the ArchiCAD one: it lets you use the software but it doesn’t contain it.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!