BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

RVT import

LFBIMMAN
Booster

Hi, 

I have received a Revit file from a client that I want to reference in my Archicad model, when I hotlink the file it shows more floors than what is seen when opening the file in Revit. When opening in Revit the story heights match those in my ArchiCAD model but when importing I get extra levels show up. 

Does anyone know what would be causing these levels to appear when hotlinking the file? I originally thought reference planes may be the issue but on looking through the Revit model I cant see anything. 

Alternatively, I do have an IFC file but this is around 500mbs & I can foresee this causing issues when imported. anyone know of a way to reduce ifc file size? 

1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You should discuss "Levels in Revit versus Stories in Archicad".

In Revit, you can define as many Levels as you want. However, these can be any kind of level and not all of them are Story Levels. 

For every Level, there is a "Building Story" checkbox. They need to make sure that this checkbox is checked only for Levels that represent Stories in Revit.

Then try saving it as IFC again and see if it come in Archicad correctly.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!