BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Revisions readable in IFC

Ingolf
Advocate

Is there any way to make the revision history or revision numbering in Archicad available in IFC? So you can identify witch revision the IFC file exported from Archicad represents when you look at the properties you can read in for example Solibri. And if this is possible, is it any way to automatically mark the revised elements, again so the revision is visible in for example Solibri.

Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Eureka: You have to do the work in the Property Manager and in the IFC Translator at the beginning of the modeling or simply create this as a template.
You must also connect the individual elements to be revisioned in the Change Manager and have that connection as a standard workflow when Revision Clouds are deployed. Revision information will then come out automatically in IFC and appear in Other Properties in Solibri 😁

Ingolf_0-1701351399713.png

Revision automated to Solibri.png

Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ingolf
Advocate

I am unable in any way to automate revision data from Archicad to IFC. The only way I have found to export revision data is by creating properties of the Revision Letter and the Revision Number in the Property Manager. I enter a letter in the Property Manager so it applies to all elements, while I have set the number to open in the Property Manager so a revision number must be entered for each changed element.
That way, all elements in the entire model have a major revision letter and only the changed elements have a revision number.
Do anyone have any better suggestions?

Property Manager.png

IFC Translator.png

Revision in PLN.png

Revision in Solibri.png

Solution

Eureka: You have to do the work in the Property Manager and in the IFC Translator at the beginning of the modeling or simply create this as a template.
You must also connect the individual elements to be revisioned in the Change Manager and have that connection as a standard workflow when Revision Clouds are deployed. Revision information will then come out automatically in IFC and appear in Other Properties in Solibri 😁

Ingolf_0-1701351399713.png

Revision automated to Solibri.png

Learn and get certified!