BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule limitation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the IS limited to calculating from the floor plan only?

I am working on laying out various parking options and instead of using different layers I am using worksheets for the different options. However, I can't get a Schedule listing the total parking spaces if the objects are placed on the worksheet. So, is this just a limitation of the IS or a bug?

May have to go back and add some layers to the Site file.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Details and worksheets are really meant to convert items to 2D info although you can place a 3D library part in them. I reproduced your results, schedules don't read what is in worksheets and details.
I would go back to layers to get the results you want.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for looking into it, not the ideal situation for me. Guess I'll go back to layers.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Michael wrote:
Thanks for looking into it, not the ideal situation for me. Guess I'll go back to layers.
One idea I've used before while studying KITCHEN options is to use MODULES...

Keep the ONE set of layers, but create a Module for all the kitchen pieces (in my case). Then COPY the kitchen module to create ALTERNATES

What's that you say? you can't see the rest of the building around your kitchen? Well just insert the Original plan into the Kitchen module as a MODULE ITSELF... Just be sure to check the button DON'T SHOW CIRCULAR MODULES when placing.

I know I've run thru this too fast, but let me know if that helps you...

Oh, BTW... you'll need one unique layer as a host of each of the modules back in you original plan.... So Kitchen 1, Kitchen 2 etc. By turning that layer on/off (even though all the elements are still on CABINETS, APPL...etc) you will only see one kitchen at a time.

When you find the right one, you can EMBED it into the file and it's like it was there all the time.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!