BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SketchUp Add-On for ArchiCAD 11 for PC is available

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The SketchUp Add-On for ArchiCAD 11 on PC platform is now available for download from:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/solutions/sketchup.html

A technical difficulty prevents us from releasing the Add-On for Mac - Graphisoft and Google is working together on solving this issue.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
7 REPLIES 7
March_ Bruce
Booster
I'd suggest they start with the v10 Intel Mac that I theoretically paid for over a year ago...
Karl Barker
Participant
GS,

Has anybody heard anything about when the magic plugin for google sketchup (that was first released for PC in october 2003!!!) willl be avilable for mac users?
I was looking forward to using it as we had been doing a bit of work in sketchup and would like to be able to transfer a bit of it across to archicad.
I don't know about anyone else out there, but I would ahve thought four years from releasing the PC version, the mac version would be avilable.
If not, can I ave a 10% rebate on the cost of archcad for the strongly marketed features that still are not avilable to me because I am on a mac six months or so out from the next release of archiCAD?
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's clear. Apple users have been neglected (what the component SU integration concerns). Any delay due to technical difficulties is acceptable. No solution provided over more than two years : NO!

I used to save SU files back to version 5, then import with AC9 plugin and transfer to AC10 or 11. It's a slow and frustrating work-around. I stopped trying...
Remember when ArchiCAD was a Mac only product? In fact, Graphisoft was started with seed money from Apple... You'd never know it know with the step-child status the Mac version of ArchiCAD has become with Graphisoft.

At least they do feed us scraps and don't beat us.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Karl Ottenstein
Rex wrote:
Remember when ArchiCAD was a Mac only product? In fact, Graphisoft was started with seed money from Apple... You'd never know it know with the step-child status the Mac version of ArchiCAD has become with Graphisoft.

At least they do feed us scraps and don't beat us.
Glad you brought this up again, Rex. Sadly, a comment like that from a GS reseller shows that GS is not communicating even with their partners. We know they are not communicating with the users.

The last I had heard, the lack of Mac support was not fully on GS's shoulders, but was due to their not getting the required information from Google. I thought I had heard that that communication gap had been bridged and that progress was on the horizon. But, you'd sure think that GS would keep us all posted...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Well, it was more a comment on how most add-ons, from GS or any developer, are usually developed for Windows first.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joeri wrote:
It's clear. Apple users have been neglected (what the component SU integration concerns). Any delay due to technical difficulties is acceptable. No solution provided over more than two years : NO!.
It's more like 4 years now. Does anyone know where the real issues are?

"Note for Mac users: Due to an error in underlying (non-Graphisoft) technology necessary to develop the Add-On, we are unable to release the Macintosh version for ArchiCAD 10/11/12. We are sorry for the inconvenience it is causing you."

Who should I target with my bitching and complaining? GraphiSoft? Google? Apple? All of em? I wanna cry, moan and complain — the reason I joined this forum

Somewhat off topic:
Apple has a great platform and you can't really say same about Microsoft. Most developers are only familiar with Windows (propably why most Mac ports look and feel like the mother and father of the app were also brother and sister), so I'm almost gotten used to being neglected by software companies. For SW companies OS monopoly would be life on easy street, for end users it would be a nightmare and 25-to-life.

But what really pisses me off in general, is Mac versions coming out late and being dropped even when Mac is gaining popularity and market share.

Autodesk is most likely never gonna port anything to Mac platform, since their costumers already use Windows and it's not like they have a choice.
Learn and get certified!