BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Trying to Import Sketchup Model into Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to import a SketchUp landscape model into Archicad. I've installed the SketchUp Add-on, but I am not able to import the file.
I'm guessing the data is too dense (i.e. leaves, rock, etc.) and is therefore not coming over. So, I thought I would try and export my building to Google Warehouse, however, I'm not having any luck with that either. I don't find a way to save the building as a .skp file nor do I find a way to export it from ArchiCad (wiht the SketcUp Add-On). One thing I haven't tried is going to Google Warehouse and uploading the ArchiCad file from there. Has anyone had similar issues?
How did you resolve it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Caitlin
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Caitlin,
Please add your platform and archicad version to your profile signature.

As it happens I know you are on mac and also that there is not yet a sketchup translator for mac for AC11. However, if you do a search you will find several alternatives including exporting your sketchup model in .3ds format and then bringing that into archicad.

IFC is another translator that would work.

Have fun!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
erika > i have found a sketchup model to place into my AC11 architectural model. exported the .skp file to a .3ds file. then tried to place or import or whatever into the AC11. now i'm stumped.

how do i bring in the .3ds to my .pln file?
Djordje
Ace
46cruisair wrote:
how do i bring in the .3ds to my .pln file?
Help/Goodies ...

... please don't ask me why.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a sketchup file that works fine in sketchup but when imported into archicad.
it comes in as a big solid object, i cant turn off elements on it.
nothing.

how can i bring this in, so i keep some of the model information.
thanks.
Ian
Learn and get certified!