BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Virtical Plate in Schedules

How could I get this vertical pressure treated plate in the the same schedule as the other plate?

I want the schedule to show the length of each piece and the total length of all of them.

How what should they be modeled as? Walls? Slabs? Mesh?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

2 REPLIES 2
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
only way how to do this is a library part of a rectangular plate rotatable in space with a parameter for its length. When you click on 'Template' button in GDL editor the system will create a special GUID and register this lib part's parameter(s) (in this case the lenght) for global use. This way you would be able to pick it up in schedules by clicking on additional parameters...

another workaround would be breaking down your table to 'horizontal' and 'vertical' plates and listing walls and columns like that.
::rk
Until I have time to make a part specifically for this situation,
I drew some plates (wall 1 1/2" high) of the same length off to the side. They get picked up in the schedule so the total length includes them.

We would have a lot more ways to get things into the schedules if we hand more choice of Calculation Units.

We need feet and inches, squares, board feet, etc... not just decimals.

Would that be so much to ask for? More Calculation Units?

I would also like to be able to tabulate the combined totals of various schedules rather than having to define a schedule that includes everything in the schedules I want to summarize.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!