Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone Stamp issues-2 easy questions`

Anonymous
Not applicable
Two easy questions (I hope):

1. I want to set my zone stamps to show either:

a. two decimal places ex: 234.50 Square Feet

or

b. no decimal places with the total rounded up or down automatically ex: 245 Square feet

I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Can it be done and if so, will someone enlighten me?

2. I would like to show my ceiling heights in my zone stamp, but I want them to be in feet and inches, not just inches. Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks to everyone in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
Are you creating your own custom Zone, or using one from Archicad? If you are making a custom one, you can individually control rounding for each value.

The rounding is set under Preferences > Dimension Units, then go to the far-right tab for Area. This controls the rounding settings for areas in all tools.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using a custom zone I created. I did what you suggested and it worked.

Is there any way to control the ceiling heights to show feet and inches instead of just inches?

Thanks for your help!
Anonymous
Not applicable
vincon2 wrote:
Two easy questions (I hope):

1. I want to set my zone stamps to show either:

a. two decimal places ex: 234.50 Square Feet

or

b. no decimal places with the total rounded up or down automatically ex: 245 Square feet

I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Can it be done and if so, will someone enlighten me?

2. I would like to show my ceiling heights in my zone stamp, but I want them to be in feet and inches, not just inches. Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks to everyone in advance!
vincon2,
The best way to achieve what you are after is to use properly formatted string functions (STR) in your text2 statements.

To show the area using two decimal places do the following:
text2 0,0, str("%-12sqf",room_area)

To show rounded up values of the area do the following:
text2 0,0, STR(room_area/.3048^2, 8,0)

To show ceiling heights in ft/in do the following:
text2 0,0, str("%0.16ffi",room_height)

vincon2...Private Message me if you get a chance...I'd like to follow up on our discussion last week when you have some time.

Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan wrote:
vincon2,
The best way to achieve what you are after is to use properly formatted string functions (STR) in your text2 statements.

To show the area using two decimal places do the following:
text2 0,0, str("%-12sqf",room_area)

To show rounded up values of the area do the following:
text2 0,0, STR(room_area/.3048^2, 8,0)

To show ceiling heights in ft/in do the following:
text2 0,0, str("%0.16ffi",room_height)
Dan K

Hi I tried your suggestion but realized in my 2d scriot the STR is set in lines before, I can not figure out how to change to no decimal in area & perim calculations. This is my spript in short:
roomAreaText = str (area_form, Temp_CalcArea)
room_perim = str (lin_form , ROOM_PERIM)
Text2 dist, -vlen, roomAreaText
Text2 dist,-vlen, room_perim
I have been strugling with this for some time now. Aprreciate your help very much,
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni