BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

graphisoft and info sharing... don't make me laugh!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
archicad is "available" free to students, right?

what about plug ins and libraries?? in particular the Australian Essential Library...

anyone willing to seed the aus ess lib will be my best firend 4eva!
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As far as I know the Cigraph Add-Ons are now available for the student version.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I'm really interested on the GS replies about this issue...
Other students posted the same question (our student versions are missing from their Educational download page) and this issue is not under our control.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
dyllbot wrote:
archicad is "available" free to students, right?
what about plug ins and libraries?? in particular the Australian Essential Library...
Encina's add-ons, e.g. OBJECTiVE, gbXML Export, are free for use with the student version - you can get them from our standard download page
Ralph Wessel BArch
tats
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hello,
Currently, we are providing five add-ons/productivity tools for ArchiCAD Educational users. You can see the list from this page:
https://eduregistration.graphisoft.com/

As for the Australian Essential Library, I suggest you to get in touch with Graphisoft Australia.

cheers,
tats
Graphisoft - Product management team
Barbara Sommer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Add-ons available for students are:

MEP Modeler

Artlantis Studio

Cigraph Plug-ins for ArchiCAD

Cadimage - ArchiCAD Productivity Tools

OBJECTiVE - Object modeling tool
Barbara Sommer
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Budapest, Hungary
archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Free software" for students is one thing...

what about when you hit employment and your employer just cannot afford to buy all these add-ons to get the most out of the package?

There is a real issue here - as the feature set of ArchiCAD is left in the dust by REVIT it really needs all the help it can get.
I've read other posts with similar calls: GS may well need to buy out some of these tool developers and ship them with "base" ArchiCAD. The one I read suggested Encina (Objective)....as a start I'd see Cadimage in NZ as a prime target....a few examples of their products:
Revisions Manager - I still cannot believe in 2009 GS have still got no built in revisions tool in their "professional, high end BIM tool".
Design Suite - being able to clad models with detail is a real measurable feature over REVIT.
Landscape Tool
and there are many more.
And what of interoperability? REVIT is offering an integrated package set (Structure/MEP/ECOTECT etc etc - and these are analytical tools not just modellers like GS feeble MEP attempt). Where is the GS response? Telling us we have IFCs is #### when they require degrees in knowing how to set them up, and then at best it is a poor translation! I've had consultants prefer to model from scratch rather than use exports out of ArchiCAD, no matter how hard I've tried. If this is a serious approach by GS, GS needs to have proformas built in to assist the process, with the "correct settings" worked out!

It's only lateral thinking by GS HQ that will stop ArchiCAD from slipping into irrelevancy.
GS has a unique opportunity with the GFC (Credit Crunch) - overhaul the software while things are (relatively) quiet - before the economy picks up.....
we will soon know if they have any visionaries...
Learn and get certified!