BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

trouble with layers...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I'm attempting to place a site plan in dwg format into an archicad drawing but am having trouble editing it once it is in archicad - the layer was locked which I have since unlocked but for some reason none of the lines are editable...

I'm certain I'm just suffering from mild stupidity today but I would be really grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Edit menu > Reshape > Explode
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Djordje
Ace
mark44 wrote:
Hello all,

I'm attempting to place a site plan in dwg format into an archicad drawing but am having trouble editing it once it is in archicad - the layer was locked which I have since unlocked but for some reason none of the lines are editable...

I'm certain I'm just suffering from mild stupidity today but I would be really grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.
If you don't need to pollute your layer list by the AutoCAD DWG layers, open the site plan in another ArchiCAD, edit it. Insert it as an external drawing. Whenever you edit it again, it will be updated.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!